Friday, May 14, 2010

MORE ON ROSES

"If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come."
Chinese proverb



My roses have exploded! I can't believe that almost all the colors are blooming at once. This is one instance where I can stand back and smile and be proud of all the work I've done. I would go hug them for being such dutiful individuals but I'd get pricked. This is one of those areas that was all brambles, especially blackberries and honeysuckle, 20 feet in the air only 2 years ago. About half the roses that are here came from other places on our property that I discovered under the weeds.

The first few photos are of a rose I uncovered last spring, now also going crazy. I've had to put up metal structures to keep it tamed! The last two photos are the rose area at the beginning of spring and a look at them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment