Tuesday, April 20, 2010



"I feel awed by the sense-tingling beauty of such life-forms so different from us. Simply beholding them treats our senses, and I am grateful. I don't expect understanding or response from the plants. I offer them my goodwill anyway, and the simple intransitive gratitude of "Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful."

--Diane Ackerman, Cultivating Delight

My Bleeding Heart has finished blooming. Whenever I mention this plant I feel like I should say it with a Cockney accent. To watch this flower grow and bloom is crazy, it is such a beautiful and delicate little treat. Not too showy, usually in the shade, you have to search a little, but what treasure is to be found! I planted a white one, a bulb I think, but I see no evidence of it. Maybe it has to rest for a year and will then show its stuff next spring. The one here I had transferred from another sunnier location last spring, I'm so pleased it took root!

No comments:

Post a Comment