Friday, March 26, 2010

More March Madness



"miracles are to come."
--e.e. cummings

It's incredible how fast things grow now. I see something start to appear one day, it rains, and the next day the plant is two inches higher. My little Japanese irises are preparing to explode, and a yellow and red primrose is blooming, I don't remember planting. The dainty yellow march (marsh?) marigold has been in bloom for about a month. I got a little bit from my mother a few years ago, similarly this euphorbia/spurge. I pulled up a bit with some roots, put it in the ground and now it's going crazy. I am starting to see euphorbia at a lot of nurseries and I don't remember seeing it before, but maybe it just wasn't on my radar. The color is so nice -- the top becomes a beautiful chartreuse. I have 3 kinds now, each a little bigger than the next. It stays green all season and is a great filler plant. I have actually transferred it to several places in the yard, have to be careful to not let it take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment